James Chambers is a Bram Stoker award-winning author of horror, crime, fantasy, and science fiction stories. He wrote the Bram Stoker Award-winning graphic novel, Kolchak the Night Stalker: The Forgotten Lore of Edgar Allan Poe.
He is the author of seven short story collections, including The Engines of Sacrifice, a collection of four Lovecraftian-inspired novellas published by Dark Regions Press which Publisher’s Weekly described as “…chillingly evocative…” in a starred review. Booklist called his collection On the Night Border “a thoroughly satisfying collection, for a wide audience of horror fans,” and gave another of his collections, On the Hierophant Road, a starred review, describing it as “satisfyingly unsettling, with tones ranging from existential terror to an uneasy sense of awe.”
His other collections include Resurrection House, Vox Astra: The Black Box, and Vox Astra: When Clouds Die. He has published several novellas, including the dark, urban fantasy, Three Chords of Chaos, as well as The Dead Bear Witness, Tears of Blood, and The Dead in Their Masses, in his Corpse Fauna novella series, and Kolchak and the Night Stalkers: The Faceless God. He also wrote the illustrated story collection, The Midnight Hour: Saint Lawn Hill and Other Tales, created in collaboration with artist Jason Whitley. His short stories have been published in dozens of anthologies and magazines.
He has also written numerous comic books including Leonard Nimoy’s Primortals, the critically acclaimed “The Revenant” in Shadow House, The Midnight Hour with Jason Whitley, and the award-winning original graphic novel, Kolchak the Night Stalker: The Forgotten Lore of Edgar Allan Poe.
He lives in New York.
MY AUTHOR PAGES
INTERVIEWS and READINGS
- Author Reading: “The Last Great Monologue of Evil Intent,” read by James Chambers for the eSpec Books Authors Reading Series.
- eSpec Books Author Spotlight: James Chambers
- Exclusive Interview: Corpse Fauna: The Dead Bear Witness Author James Chambers by Paul Semel
- High Fever Books 5-Star Review of On the Night Border.
- Horror Writers Association: Interview with Horror University Instructor James Chambers
- Hour of the Wolf, August 29, 2019–Interviewed by Jim Freund with a Full Reading of “Odd Quahogs”–Audio.
- HP Lovecast Podcast–Episode 25: The Engines of Sacrifice by James Chambers
- Interview: Bram Stoker Award Winning Author James Chambers Talks to Kendall Reviews
- Leonard Nimoy’s James Chambers at LI Comic Book Expo by Cadma and Written Writ Ralph–Video.
- Lycan Valley Press Pulp Horror Author Interview Series: James Chambers
- StokerCon 2017 Horror U Interview: James Chambers
- The Shadows Radio, November 13, 2017
- Spotlight on Cemetery Dance eBooks: The Dead Bear Witness by James Chambers by Norman Prentiss
- What Are You Afraid of Podcast? Episode 59: Horror at Fort Mifflin–Author Reading
- What Are You Afraid of Podcast? Episode 60: Gettysburg Ghosts–Featuring an Interview with James Chambers.”
- What Are You Afraid of Podcast? Episode 85: Reaper–Featuring an Exclusive Dramatic Reading of My Story “Out of Devil’s Den.”
- The Witch Haunt: An Interview with James Chambers by Gaby Triana
- Wrong Answers Only Interview: James Chambers by Monique Snyman
- Wyrd Transmissions: Ep. 7 – Musical Horror with Douglass Wynne, James Chambers, and Todd Keisling